Use the LHA Calendar feature to find meeting dates for all groups.
- Legislative, Regulatory & Policy Council (LRPC): LHA's LRPC was established in 2001 to enable LHA to improve
performance and coordination of the existing policy development process in
several key areas. Read more.
- Finance Committee: List of Committee Members
- Quality Committee: This committee is comprised of a
cross section of LHA members who advise staff in developing policy and
positions regarding delivery of patient care, patient safety, quality
improvement and corresponding regulatory requirements; in developing policy and
initiatives that are mutually beneficial; and in helping hospitals to better
manage care. For more information, contact LHA Vice
President of Quality & Regulatory Activities Kenneth Alexander, MS, RRT.
- Physician Leadership Council: This council
participates in developing policy and positions regarding matters affecting the
provision and delivery of care, patient safety, quality improvement and
corresponding regulatory requirements; in developing public policy and advocacy
initiatives that are mutually beneficial; in helping hospitals to better manage
care; and in optimally aligning both physicians and hospitals clinically and
Compliance Committee: This committee provides the LHA, ShareCor, the LHA
Research and Education Foundation and the Metropolitan Hospital Council of New
Orleans oversight in regards to contracting.
The purpose of the constituency groups is to: 1) Identify and provide input on policy issues to be considered by the LHA Board; 2) Identify data needs and other resources useful to that constituency, which are not readily available elsewhere; and 3) Provide a forum where providers with similar interests can network. Specific LHA staff are assigned to oversee each constituency group. A small constituency advisory group for each area is established to help steer the activities of the group. A representative of each LHA member, fitting the definition of the constituency group, will be designated by the member CEO and invited to all constituency meetings. Constituency groups will meet at least 3 times per year or as agreed upon by the group.
Back to Top
- Hospital Stabilization Task Force: This task force is
charged with understanding key hospital stabilization issues and strategies,
reviewing and providing feedback on various technical components of the
program; recommending hospital stabilization options for board consideration;
and providing feedback and recommendations on the development of the Legislative
- Coverage Expansion Task Force: This task force is
charged with the responsibility of developing policy recommendations and
strategies for the LHA Board of Trustees relative to expanding Medicaid in
accordance with the Affordable Care Act.
- Managed Care Advisory Group (MCAG): The Managed Care Advisory Group provides expertise in managed care
reimbursement and care coordination (utilization review) issues.
- Workers' Compensation Advisory Group (WCAG): The Workers' Compensation Advisory Group studies workers' compensation issues, coordinates reimbursement priorities with the CFO Expert Panel; and makes recommendations to the Legislative, Regulatory and Policy Council, who will provide those recommendations to the LHA Board of Trustees.
- CFO Expert Panel: The CFO Expert Panel assists the LHA staff on technical reimbursement and hospital finance related issues. The CFO Expert Panel makes recommendations to the Legislative, Regulatory and Policy Council who provides those recommendations to the LHA Board of Trustees. For more information, contact LHA Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer Patricia ‘Tatsy’ Jeter, CPA, FACHE.
Back to Top
The LHA offers personal memberships in several professional societies.
- Louisiana Society of Hospital Attorneys: The Louisiana Society for Hospital Attorneys is an organization for attorneys who represent or work for hospitals. The Society's purpose shall be to advance the development of effective legal representation of Louisiana licensed hospitals. This is accomplished by providing a medium for the interchange of ideas and the dissemination of information and materials relative to health law, the provision of a forum on health law and hospital law issues, providing educational programs and other meetings in the area of health law, and by identifying and defining healthcare issues that affect hospitals. Learn More
- Louisiana Organization of Nurse Executives (LONE): The Louisiana Organization of Nurse Executives is a society for nurse executive leadership and nurse managers of healthcare organizations. The objectives of the Society shall be to advance the health status of individuals and communities across the continuum of healthcare. The Society accomplishes this by assessing the environment for its influence on healthcare delivery and nursing practice; by participating in the formulation of public policies that influence healthcare and nursing; providing leadership, consultation and directions on matters relating to nursing and establishing positions statements on such; supporting nursing research activities; promoting educational programs and activities to strengthen nursing leadership, management and clinical integration; and by providing a medium for the interchange of ideas and dissemination of information and materials. Learn More
- Louisiana Society for Hospital Public Relations & Marketing: This professional organization is open to hospital marketing and public relations personnel, as well as other marketing and public relations professionals in any healthcare related field. The objectives of the Society shall be to bring about close cooperation among healthcare public relations and marketing professionals to promote those functions in healthcare facilities. Throughout the year, the LSHPRM supports the continued growth of the profession with educational programs, newsletters and networking opportunities. Learn More
Back to Top