Save The Date: Jan 31 and Feb. 1, 2017
Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel
Join hospital leaders from across Louisiana to learn about the latest healthcare developments, locally and nationally. This symposium is the perfect opportunity to prepare you and your leadership staff for the upcoming legislative session and to gain useful knowledge that will help you and your team advocate for your patients, your healthcare workforce and your hospital.
Tuesday, January 31
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
ACHE Face-to-Face Panel Discussion Registration *An additional $100 registration fee applies. Attendees registered for the ACHE session must also register to attend the LHA Winter Healthcare Leadership Symposium.
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
ACHE Face-to-Face Panel Discussion
Healthcare Technology: Current Challenges and Future Opportunities
Moderator: Heidi R. Raines, President & CEO, Compliance Partners
Panelists: Nadine Robin, Louisiana ACO Network Operations Lead, Louisiana Health Care Quality Forum; Tanya Townsend, MSMI, CHCIO, Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer, LCMC Health; and Laura Wilt, Senior Vice President and CIO, Ochsner Health System
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
General Registration/Networking/Sponsor Exhibits Open
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Paul Salles, President & CEO, Louisiana Hospital Association
1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
AHA Political and Legislative Update
Megan Cundari, Senior Associate Director of Federal Relations, American Hospital Association
Megan Cundari will provide an overview of federal-level activity that impacts the hospital field, including the political environment, key bills and AHA advocacy and outreach efforts.
2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Washington Regulatory Update
Akinluwa (Akin) Demehin, MPH, Director of Policy, American Hospital Association
Akinluwa Demehin will update participants on key regulatory issues impacting the healthcare field, including a deeper dive on Medicare quality reporting and pay-for-performance initiatives.
3:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Break
3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Health Is Everywhere: Consumers and the New Retail Health
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn, Health Economist
Consumerism is here, and healthcare is reeling from pressure to appeal to a new group of industry stakeholders: everyday people. Jane Sarasohn-Kahn will discuss new consumers in health and healthcare and the convergence of several driving forces shaping people in the U.S. A growing number of touch points are emerging to serve the health and health-related demands of these consumers, including a new form of pharmacy, retail and urgent care clinics, big box and discount stores, grocers, the beauty business and other new players on the supply side. Learn how these retail health disruptors are reshaping the healthcare ecosystem and how Louisiana’s healthcare stakeholders can capitalize on these trends in the emerging world of value-based healthcare. Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist, advisor and trend weaver to organizations at the intersection of health+technology+people.
4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
ShareCor/ACHE Reception (All attendees are invited.)
Wednesday, February 1
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Breakfast/Networking/Sponsor Exhibits Open
9:30-10:30 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
The New Era of Engagement: Transforming Healthcare with Our Patients, Employees and Physicians
Craig Deao, MHA, Member of the Senior Executive Team, Studer Group
Leaders in healthcare have a competitive advantage: we have the most talented, passionate people of any industry. Yet, despite decades of focus on performance improvement, our results lag behind our ambitions. In this session, hear Studer Group's latest thinking on engaging people as a core competency necessary to achieve your mission. How can we remove barriers and allow caregivers to provide patient care in a purpose-driven way? How can we help patients become active participants in owning their care?
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Take Two Aspirin and Call Me in 2018
Jay Dardenne, Louisiana’s Commissioner of Administration
The Commissioner of Administration will discuss the current and future state of healthcare delivery in Louisiana.
11:30 a.m. Adjourn
Hotel Room Block:
A corporate rate of $159 per night has been established at the Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel located at 7000 Bluebonnet Boulevard in Baton Rouge. The room block is available until Jan. 9, 2017 or until the room block is full, so please book your room before that date. Call the hotel directly at 800-627-7468, and reference LHA’s Winter Symposium or book your room online using this link to receive the group rate for the symposium.
Continuing Education Credits:
- ACHE Face-to-Face (formerly Category I): The LHA is authorized to award 1.5 hours of pre-approved ACHE Face-to-Face Education credit. (*An additional charge does apply.)
- ACHE Qualified Education Credit (ACHE Category II): The LHA is authorized to award 5.0 hours of pre-approved ACHE Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program wishing to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit should indicate their attendance when submitting an application to the American College of Healthcare Executives for advancement or recertification.
- Continuing Professional Education: CPAs will receive 5.0 hours of continuing education credit.
- MCLE: 4.5 MCLE hours has been approved for continuing education by the Louisiana Supreme Court Committee on Mandatory Continuing Legal Education for complete attendance of the program. An additional 1.5 hours will be credited for attending the ACHE program.
- Nursing: 5.0 contact hours will be awarded for this offering by the LHA for complete attendance of the program. The LHA is approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing – CE Provider #39.
- Nursing Home Administrators: 5.0 hours will be awarded for this offering by the LHA for complete attendance of the program. The LHA is approved by the State of Louisiana Board of Examiners of Nursing Facility Administrators – CE Provider #101.
- Other Participants will receive, upon completion of the conference, a certificate documenting the completed continuing education/clock hours.