"Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the only means.” ~ Albert Einstein
The Smart Choices, Better HealthSM Hospital Campaign is a three-year workplace wellness initiative. The first phase focuses on healthy eating, exercise and weight loss, and the second phase focuses on smoking cessation. Hospitals in Louisiana, regardless of size or type, can participate in the campaign at various levels, from implementing one or two small changes to sponsoring major staff/community challenges or health events. For more information, contact Michelle Clement.
"Hospital Champion" Resources
These resources are for hospital campaign teams only. Contact Michelle Clement for password to resource download pages.
- Campaign Materials - Phase 1: Healthy Eating, Exercise and Weight Loss
- Louisiana Worksite Wellness Toolkit and Resource Guide, 2011- LBGH/DHH
- Phase 1: Orientation PowerPoints
- Smart Choices Better Health Logo
- Mission Statement Samples
- Sample CEO Eblast
- Action Items List
- Commitment Form
- Health Observances & Recognition Days
- Walk Across Louisiana/Walkin' to New Orleans
- Campaign Materials - Phase 2: Smoking Cessation
- Project H.E.A.L. - Manual for Healthcare Facilities Going Tobacco Free - Quit With Us, LA/DHH/LTCP/TFL
- Phase 2: Orientation PowerPoints
- Smart Choices Better Health Logo - Smoking Cessation Education
We would like to thank BBR Creative for donating the logo for this initiative.