Healthy Louisiana/Louisiana Medicaid:
- EHR Promoting Interoperability Applications: LDH has extended the deadline for Program Year 2019 EHR Promoting Interoperability applications to April 30, 2020. For questions and guidance on the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SUD-Telemedicine/Telehealth: LDH issued an informational bulletin for Medicaid providers to deliver Outpatient Substance Use Disorder (OP-SUD) treatment services via telemedicine/telehealth for dates of service beginning on or after March 21, 2020, until rescinded by the Department. (03/26/20)
- Telemedicine for Mental Health Rehabilitation: Informational Bulletin 20-4 (03/20/20)
- LDH Health Plan Advisory 20-6: LDH issued a Health Plan Advisory outlining several Medicaid provisions applicable to various aspects of the COVID-19 response (03/14/20)
- Medicaid MCO Discharge Contacts Available 24/7:
CMS Medicaid Billing & Coverage Guidance:
- CMS Checklists and Tools for State Medicaid & CHIP Programs:
Medicare Billing & Coverage Guidance:
- Novitas Cost Report Extension: Novitas Solutions has approved an automatic extension in the normal cost report filing deadlines for the following fiscal year end (FYE) dates:
- The filing deadlines of FYE Oct. 31, 2019 for cost reports due by March 31, 2020 and FYE Nov. 30, 2019 for cost reports due by April 30, 2020 have been extended to June 30, 2020.
- The filing deadline of FYE Dec. 31, 2019 for cost reports due by June 1, 2020 has been extended to July 31, 2020.
- CMS Accelerated Payments for Medicare Providers: CMS announced the expansion of the accelerated and advance payment program pursuant to the provisions of the CARES Act. View the CMS fact sheet for eligibility and process. Qualified providers requesting these payments will be required to submit the appropriate forms to their MAC, and each MAC will work to review and process payments within seven days of receipt of the request. (03/28/20)
- Novitas Solutions JH: Toll Free Hotline 855-247-8428
- Novitas Solutions Web Portal offers forms and submission information.
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS): Toll Free Hotline 844-209-2567
- Medicare Beneficiary Notice Delivery Guidance: CMS issued a list of Medicare beneficiary notices to beneficiaries receiving institutional care. Because of COVID-19, current notice delivery instructions provide flexibilities for delivering notices to beneficiaries in isolation. CMS encourages the provider community to review all the specifics of notice delivery, as set forth in Chapter 30 of the Medicare Claims Processing Manual.
- Medicare FFS: CMS revised the Telehealth section to cover the use of modifiers on telehealth claims and explains that the DR condition code is not needed on telehealth claims under the waiver. All other information is the same. (03/20/20)
- Medicare Telehealth: CMS FAQs (03/17/20)
- Medicare FFS Response to the Public Health Emergency: CMS Response: (03/17/20)
- Medicare FFS Emergency-Related Policies and Procedures Without an 1135 Waiver: CMS FAQs: (3/16/20)
- Medicare FFS Emergency-Related Policies and Procedures With an 1135 Waiver: CMS FAQs (3/16/20)
- Essential Health Benefit Coverage: CMS FAQs (03/13/20)
- Medicare Administrative Contractor COVID-19 Test Pricing: CMS Fact Sheet (03/13/20)
- CPT Releases New COVID-19 Code & Description for Testing: CPT Code (Effective 03/13/2020)
- Medicare Advantage and Part D Plans: CMS Guidance: (03/10/20)
- Medicare FAQ on how to bill and receive payment for testing patients, telehealth and other in-home services
- CDC releases COVID-19 ICD-10-CM Code: The CDC announced the official guidelines for the new ICD-10-CM code that goes into effect beginning on April 1 through Sept. 30. These codes will help capture and report surveillance data for the virus. (04/01/20)
- ICD-10-CM: The CDC will implement the new specific ICD-10-CM code for COVID-19, U07.1, April 1 rather than Oct. 1 as originally planned, the agency said last week. The code is not retroactive, and more guidance on usage will be released later this week.
- NUBC Guidance on Treatment Claims: Identifying institutional claims related to COVID-19 treatment and the committee issued guidance on coding for hospitals utilizing off-campus testing locations. (03/23/20)
- CMS FAQs: Catastrophic Plan Coverage and COVID-19 (03/18/20)