- Childcare Association of Louisiana: This Association has offered to assist hospitals in
identifying available childcare opportunities throughout Louisiana. If
you have healthcare professionals who are in need of childcare, contact
Executive Director Cindy Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- Frontline Worker Mental Health Study: Seattle Pacific University is conducting a study that seeks to better understand the mental health needs of our nation’s frontline medical staff during the COVID-19 pandemic to help select and optimize the provision of mental health and suicide prevention services. If you are a healthcare professional working directly with COVID-19 patients and would like to participate in the study, visit the study webpage for more information.
- AHA Resources: The AHA compiled resources from experts across the healthcare field to help clinicians and hospital team members manage the daily stress and anxiety.
- Statewide Resource: Healthcare workers who are feeling overwhelmed with stress, fear and anxiety can call the Keeping Calm through
COVID hotline 24/7 at 1-866-310-7977. This hotline connects individuals with trained, compassionate counselors who offer support
and can direct you to mental health and substance abuse counseling services. All calls are confidential.
- Region 5 Resource:
The Family and Youth Counseling Agency is offering counseling services
via web or voice sessions to any frontline healthcare workers and
families in Region 5. No insurance is required, and there is a $10
co-pay per session. This service is being funded by an Entergy Grant.
For an appointment, contact 337-439-9941.
Volunteer: Healthcare volunteers are needed now in Louisiana to care for patients in our communities. Apply through the Louisiana Volunteers in Action (LAVA) website.
OFFERS FOR HEALTHCARE WORKERS
- National Offers: The AHA has compiled a list of companies, including Hilton, Marriott, United, Delta, Starbucks and Uber, offering free and discounted services
to frontline healthcare workers.
- Hotel Special Rates:
- Several participating
Marriott Hotels in
Covington, Lafayette, Metairie and New Orleans,
and Shreveport/Bossier City have
a special rate for
healthcare provider and traveling nurses starting at $60 per night. Visit www.marriott.com, and use special rate code
.” Room rates are subject to availability.
The Baton Rouge area is offering a medical rate of $65.00 that can be accessed here.
- Patient Resource: A new AHA resource,
“Addressing Emotions on the Frontlines,” provides techniques and scripting for
frontline workers to provide support for patients and their families, build trusting
relationships and diffuse conflicts even in times of crisis.
Patient Resource: The AHA “Proactive Conversations that Support Providers and Patients” resource provides scripting and support for frontline staff to identify and document a patient’s language preference, emergency contacts, and advance directives to ensure patient communication preferences and treatment preferences are understood and respected throughout the continuum of care.
- Caregiver App: Custom Learning Systems released a free app featuring the newly-developed education tool “Caregiver Heroes” that offers a complimentary micro-webinar series for frontline caregivers with video content specifically to help address issues related to the pandemic. To begin viewing these videos, download the Everyone’s a Caregiver App from IOS or Android. For additional assistance, contact the caregivers Help Desk at 1-800-667-7325 x 206 or email@example.com.