Virtual Executive Leadership Summit: In partnership with other state hospital associations and the Executive Speakers Bureau, the LHA is offering a six-part virtual Executive Leadership Summit to member hospital leaders and is waiving the registration fee to provide them with additional support during this pandemic. The series, which will run from June 25 through Sept. 3, includes nationally-recognized speakers who will offer thought-provoking insights and strategies to help hospital C-suite executives, vice presidents, directors and managers navigate the current- and post-pandemic environment. For more information and to register, visit the event webpage, or contact LHA AVP of Education Merle Francis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMER CONFERENCE UPDATE
In response to the current pandemic, the LHA Board of Trustees has made the difficult decision to cancel the LHA Annual Meeting & Summer Conference that was scheduled for July in Orange Beach, Alabama. While we look forward to important education and networking opportunities every year, we know that our members are extremely focused on caring for patients and their communities. In addition, we expect that Louisiana will continue social distancing in summer and fall, and protecting the health and safety of our members, employees, families and friends is our first priority. If you made a payment to the LHA, your current conference registration will be refunded without penalty in the same manner that the payment was made. If you made hotel reservations, no action is necessary. The Perdido Beach Resort will cancel all reservations and refund any deposits. There is no need to call the hotel as this only delays its response.
UPCOMING LHA EDUCATION WEBINARS
To fully support our hospital members during these challenging times, the LHA has transitioned many of its in-person events to virtual events for the remainder of 2020 and is providing most of these valuable learning opportunities to hospital staff at little or no cost. The LHA is offering the following webinars:
- ICD-10-CM Coding: 2020 Vision; June 4 and June 11; Member Registration Fee Waived; Register
- SUNRx 340B Discount Card Innovation Targeting the Uninsured; June 9; Member Registration Fee Waived; Register
- CMS and TJC Telemedicine Standards; June 9; Reduced Member Fee; Register
- Building and Fostering a High-Performing Board; June 9; Reduced Member Fee; Register
- EMTALA Regulation Webinar Series; June 17, July 1 and July 15; Reduced Member Fee; Register
- CMS Hospital Restraint and Seclusion: Navigating the Most Problematic CMS Standards; June 23; Reduced Member Fee; Register
- The Resilient Healthcare Leader Workshop Series; June 24; Six-Part Series; Member Registration Fee Waived; This series is full. Future dates will be posted soon.
- Executive Leadership Summit; June 25; Member Registration Fee Waived; Register
- Grievances and Complaints: Ensuring Hospital Compliance; June 25; Reduced Member Fee; Register
- Emergency and Outpatient Services: CMS CoP; June 30; Reduced Member Fee; Register
UPCOMING FEDERAL CALLS & WEBINARS
- CMS COVID-19 Stakeholder Calls: CMS hosts recurring stakeholder engagement sessions to share information related to the agency’s response to COVID-19. View a listing of these calls and transcripts on CMS's COVID-19 Partner Toolkit webpage.
LHA RECORDED WEBINARS
- SBA Funding Options for Physicians and Other Providers Under the CARES Act
- Revenue Cycle Crisis Management: COVID-19
- Latest Stark Updates, Including Recent CMS Waivers
- Governance in the Time of Coronavirus
- COVID-19 and Hospital Case Management
- COVID-19: Disaster, Emergency, and Temporary Provider Privileges WebEx:
FEDERAL RECORDED CALLS & WEBINARS
- CDC MIS-C Call Recording: The CDC posted a call recording for its May 19 call on Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C). The call covered the clinical characteristics of MIS-C, how cases have been diagnosed and treated, and how clinicians are responding to recently-reported cases associated with COVID-19.
- AHA Lessons Learned Podcast: In this first of a two-part podcast, AHA Physician Alliance Vice President Elisa Arespacochaga and two senior leaders from New York City-based Medisys Health Network explore the role of collaboration between clinical and administrative leaders to enable teams to be more effective together during the COVID-19 pandemic.
LHA LIVE EVENTS
- LHA Education Update:
Because of social
distancing, all LHA in-person classes through 2020 have been cancelled or
rescheduled, but the LHA is offering the following webinars: Check the LHA Calendar
for webinar opportunities.
- LONL Update: The LONL board of directors has decided to cancel the annual LONL conference, which was rescheduled for Sept. 29 to Oct. 1, 2020. More information will be emailed to participants and sponsors.
- Free CareLearning Course:
CareLearning is providing an
online COVID-19 course
to help hospitals educate their employees during this pandemic.