FUNDRAISING FOR HOSPITALS
The Creative Coalition, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy, and the AHA launched the “Protect the Heroes”
campaign, which allows the general public to make direct impact
donations to America’s hospitals and health systems. Every dollar raised
from Protect the Heroes goes directly to the donor’s choice of local
hospital to purchase PPE and other support for their local healthcare
workers to fight COVID-19. Individuals can
visit the website
connected to a local hospital of their choosing and contribute to
hospital emergency relief funds. Each hospital will determine where
funds should be applied. ACTION NEEDED: The
LHA strongly encourages each hospital to verify that it is listed on
the website and that the link associated with the hospital’s donation
page is accurate. Send any corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org. The campaign is in partnership with the American Hospital Association.
TOOLKITS AND RESOURCES
- AHA Webpage: COVID-19 Communications Resource Page
with examples of internal and external communications, as well as media relations and social media messaging specific to COVID-19. The resource page includes free, ready-to-use COVID-19 content, such as digital thank you ads for healthcare workers,
checklists and fact sheets in more than 30 languages.
- AHA Toolkit: COVID-19 Digital Toolkit
to help the field promote simple facts and messages from the CDC and other national sources in addition to newly-developed content.
- 19 Thanks Initiative: “19 Thanks” is an initiative that encourages citizens to focus on gratitude and giving at the 19th hour on the 19th of each month.
Individuals, organizations, and places of worship are invited to make
some noise (like ring a bell or bang a pot) to celebrate frontline
healthcare workers at 7 p.m. on the 19th of each month. Download a flier, and learn more at www.19thanks.org. The video was disseminated through the LHA PR Listserv. Hospitals can also email to request a copy.
WAYS THE COMMUNITY CAN HELP
View the LHA's Ways to Help webpage.
NATIONAL DONATE LIFE MONTH
- Donate Life America will be taking an online approach for NDLM observances. Please join them on Facebook
, Instagram,Twitter and DonateLife.net to help honor donors, recipients, and their families and caregivers.
- Media Guidance: On May 5, HHS’s Office of Civil Rights issued guidance for media and film crews working near patients during the public health emergency.